Sunday, September 12, 2010

Long life goes hand in hand with a firm grip - Health - msnbc.com

I made it to the Quarter Century Club & the Half Century Club and I'm still thinking that the Century Club is a worthwhile goal. I know that getting from this point to that point will be a challenge. I need to not only mentally & spiritually be up to it, but physically as well.

Checking in now at the age of 53 I have already lost family and friends younger than me. The odds of going the distance get slimmer with each passing moment. Yet, I'm willing to give it my best shot.

One thing that I know many articles don't speak of is creating a lasting community when your peers are dropping all around you. A good friend told me recently as I shared my concern. She responded without missing a beat, "Then you'll have to make younger friends!"

I really liked that thought, completely changed my view on aging. In that vain, I post for you, an article that focuses on the physical attributes that are related to longetivity. No surprise, but something to truly consider...Keep on truckin' folks!

Long life goes hand in hand with a firm grip - Health - msnbc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment