Thursday, September 2, 2010

Energize Your Workouts with Social Support

Now, I LOVE exercise. I KNOW the value of physical activity in my life. I live and breathe this stuff. I have learned and seen first hand the value of regular physical exertion has on your mind, body and spirit. Not as crazy as years past, my intentions and goals are unique to my life right now.

A lifetime athlete (since the age of 8) I'm finding enjoyment in recreational sports these days more than sheer competition. I compete with that little (and I have to admit sometimes quite loud) still small voice inside that says, "Hmm, maybe later." I have come to rely very heavily on others support and encouragement in recent months.

Now I work in the field and preach it everyday and I am often the motivator for many folks. But this motivator needs a motivator once in ahile too. Or maybe I just want to enjoy this "fitness stuff" with the people I love in my life. Maybe this is just another thing that we can share together. Either way the bottom-line is Do Whatever it takes to be and stay active, even if it means recruiting old and new friends!

Here's a great supportive article to that end.

Energize Your Workouts with Social Support American Council on Exercise (ACE)

We Were Last! www.myspace.com/sherrillaquinn/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment