Friday, October 22, 2010

Bicycling is on a roll in Buffalo - Denise Jewell Gee - The Buffalo News

I'm a bit far to commute the entire distance to work (plus I report to work at 6:00am many days/week), but if there is a will there is a way.

Biking in a couple days per week cuts down on mileage on my car (saving about 55 miles), saves a few bucks in gas, but the biggest benefit is ME, the rider.

Sure it's a bit more of a pain to get the bike rack on the car, get the bike onto the rack, drive to my riding buddies home (closer to work than my home), ride the hour bike ride, then change at work.

But you know, it's two rides per day for 2 days. I commute save the environment a little AND do something good for my health.

There is one more benefit to commuting with a pal...Spending a little quality time with a work-friend. It does my heart good.

The bike is put away for the season. But the holidays are coming up and I think I'll ask Santa for some winter biking gear so I can get out earlier in 2011.

Think about it.

Bicycling is on a roll in Buffalo - Denise Jewell Gee - The Buffalo News

No comments:

Post a Comment