Saturday, December 4, 2010

Standing Your Ground - not to be intimidated...

I've been involved with competitive sports all my life. My father was an outstanding athlete in High School in 3 sports and is still considered to be the best Center (football) to come out of Salesianum (DE) today. I had no choice but to love sports, it was in my blood.

Sports, if allowed to do so, can provide valuable life lessons to the participant that they can take with them into the rest of their lives. They can also, when taught, encouraged and coached to win at all costs lose the life lessons which are positive. As I always say, "it's a razors-edge", the line of integrity.

Playing sports once again, at the age of 53, I find the lessons as prevalent now as they were when I was in high school and college. I'm only more aware of their value to me personally and to my children.

Standing My Ground is another example of those lessons from sports.

http://www.myspace.com/sherrillaquinn/blog/541071490

No comments:

Post a Comment